The richness of Linked Open Data has yet to be exploited and the question is what tools can assist with consumption besides faceted search and basic graph visualizations? As we moved to a “create more triples” market to one of processing and proving the value of LOD for consumption, how can we maximize our benefits of the technology to do real work?
For instance, the Auckland Museum has implemented a tabletop interface for exploring its linked collection data to promote a unique interactive museum experience and engage the public in data curation (Click on the image for a youtube video).
We’re interested in similarly innovative tools and concepts for mobilizing linked data and the session would try and answer the following questions:
- What tools are robust and usable outside their home environment?
- What examples are there of natural language tools for SPARQL queries?
- What tools work with haptic or VR interfaces?
- How can we give users rich prospect on ontologies and datasets so that their scope, strengths, and gaps are made more apparent to users?
- How can we really bring LOD alive?
We’re interested in seeing what is out there and brainstorming what is needed.
Bring your tools for informal demos, sketches or wireframes and get the creative juices flowing!
Look forward to seeing you all there!